COVID IMPACT ON YOUR ORAL HEALTH AND TEETH IS REAL – FIND OUT WHAT YOU CAN DO TO GET RELIEF.
In this video, Dr. Sharma and Renae discuss significant increase of various oral issues due to stress, anxiety and social isolation. As most of people are spending significant amount of time at home, snacking (or avoiding it) has also become a challenge for most of us, thus further adding to problems with our oral health.
Below is a summary of most common dental issue we see with our patients, caused due to Covid-19 related problems.
- Hard and Soft Deposit on Teeth: a lot of people are forgoing their regular dental visits so there is now increased deposit on your teeth.
- Wearing of Teeth: Most people are dealing with heightened stress that causes clenching and grinding of teeth thus leading to wearing of teeth enamel.
- Cracked or Fractured Tooth: We are seeing biggest jump in cracked or fractured teeth due to stress-related jaw clenching.
- Jaw Pain & TMJ: Clenching and griding is taking a toll on people and number of TMJ related issues are skyrocketing as well.
- Dry Mouth: Wearing facemask for long period has contributed to dry mouth
- Cavities: All those snacks and sugary drinks while staying at home is making cavity situation worse for most people.
- Periodontal Disease: We are also seeing increased periodontal disease due to poor eating habits, sugary food and drinks and neglect of teeth and gums.
Please watch this video and feel free to call our offices if you are experiencing any of the symptoms. We are always happy to help!